Pathfox works with manufacturing businesses wanting to grow or diversify, and public sector organizations developing initiatives to support advanced manufacturing and its workforce. Research, planning and implementation guide strategic paths to competitive strength, powerful supply chains, entrepreneurial ecosystems and healthy economies.
here to help your business grow
Dr. Beth Fitz Gibbon, Pathfox founder, helps business leaders refine their strategic direction and develop long-term growth plans. She has broad and deep experience working with B2B and B2C companies in multiple industries, as well as entrepreneurial startups and economic development agencies. Her extensive engagements with public-private partnerships and strategic alliances provide boundary-spanning perspectives that enrich collaboration. Her P&L experience keeps a focus on ROI for stakeholders, while her strategic expertise focuses on organizational sustainability.
Beth has held senior management positions in Advanced Manufacturing, Product Development, R&D, Marketing and Strategic Planning at global corporations and small manufacturing firms. She has collaborated with national and statewide entities, including the Department of Commerce and the Brookings Institution, to plan and execute strategies enhancing business performance, supply chains, entrepreneurial ecosystems and talent pools. She earned her Doctorate in Business Management at Case Western Reserve University, an MBA in International Business at Emory University and a BA at Rutgers University.
Entrepreneurial & Intrapreneurial Growth
Building a new company or revitalizing a business takes more than money. Be sure you have the competence and capabilities to scale.
Business & Market Diversification
Profitable revenue growth goes to those with vision and courage. Pathfox helps you find the best route.
Supply chain development
Want to grow efficiently? Rationalize your supplier base, build strategic relationships, and aim for a higher tier in complex supply chains.
Merger & Acquisition assessments
50% of M&As fail. Assess your strengths and plan to succeed.
PUBLIC/PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS FOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Leverage economic development resources to build prosperous entrepreneurial ecosystems, healthy talent pipelines, and powerful supply chains.
Strategic Planning & implementation
Exponential change is a growing challenge. Pathfox helps your team craft research-based strategies and timely tactical executions.
New product development & commercialization
Develop a market strategy and use design thinking, from prototyping through market launch, to drive demand.
JOINT VENTURES & STRATEGIC ALLIANCES
Mutually beneficial partnerships are rare and fragile. Do you have the thought leadership to build one that works?
BRAND BUILDING & TARGET MARKETING
Make yourself heard in a crowded market, B-to-C or B-to-B, with a voice that resonates.
AGILE ADVANCED MANUFACTURING STRATEGY & FACILITATION
Retool the future of manufacturing and build a healthy workforce in your company, state or region.
Pathfox Client Challenges and Results
- Develop the first Boeing-sponsored Advanced Manufacturing R&D Lab in the U.S.
- Build a state’s advanced manufacturing & materials portfolio funded by the Federal Depts. Of Defense, Commerce, Labor and the National Institute of Standards & Technology
- Research & design a state-wide Talent Plan in support of industrial workforces
- Provide market intelligence, technology trends and strategic plans to address them
- Focus on supply chains, market diversification and exporting
- State and global Public Private Partnerships with Industry, Academia and Economic Development organizations
- Industry-driven, research-based, commercially launched product and business solutions
- Growth, diversification and workforce development expertise delivered to state and regional partners
- Establish a strategic partnership with global industry leader
- Formulate products that meet specific market regulatory requirements
- Launched in 19 countries in 21 months and met 5-year revenue goal in first year
- Recognized as one of Ad Age’s “Best 100 Launches of the Year”
- Create a collaboration among designers, engineers, OEMs and software providers
- Develop proprietary industry-changing technology
- Educate non-tech sales people and entice tech-averse consumers
- Launched at Wal-Mart, Radio Shack and BellSouth Mobility stores, sales grew 55%
- Design channel strategies for retail and e-commerce
- Plan manufacturing processes and purchase state-of-the-art equipment
- Develop operating policies and establish supply chain relationships
- Established distinctive brand positioning and launched ecommerce website
- Research the industry, market, competition and consumers
- Lead strategic planning and development of actionable business plans
- Realign product development and marketing communication processes
- Identified high potential new products and markets; cut costs 20%
- Build public-private partnerships to bridge entrepreneurs across the “valley of death”
- Engage entrepreneurs, investors and economic developers to design business and technical services and performance metrics
- Secure funding for investment and capacity building
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship Investment Prospectus presented at the Brookings Institution, Washington, D.C.
The willingness Beth Fitz Gibbon and her awesome team showed to engage the community. . . I really didn't think someone from another city, a contrasting community and a completely different set of shared experiences could adopt our plight as their own and help us to work through the issues we face...we can build our own path to chase our dreams and reach heights we haven't even begun to imagine yet.
Technology TransferFounder, CEO and Chief Entrepreneurial Evangelist
Thank you for all your help identifying the gaps in our region. Your work certainly pushed the powers-that-be to look at the gaps in our ecosystem and highlighted what needs to be done.
Minnesota Biotechnology CompanyPresident
It isn’t often one gets to work with a person of high integrity, vision, flexibility and strength. Beth represents all of that. Her skills at being open to exploring new thoughts and ideas in a very challenging environment were commendable...a cookie cutter approach wouldn’t work here.
Minnesota Science and Technology AuthorityExecutive Director
Beth has an in-depth understanding of the macroeconomic, societal and community challenges preventing regional economies and firms from moving forward more rapidly. She has an impressive ability to understand the crucial strategic and tactical issues faced by growing firms and a tremendous amount to offer to organizations facing a range of opportunities and challenges.